Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tis Better to Give than Receive

I haven't talked a whole lot about Christmas gifts here, but I did come away with two great hats: a new Scott Camo hat and an Orvis Permit hat.

But one of my favorite gifts wasn't one I got, but rather one I gave.  My three year old son got his first fishing rod, a Zebco.  Now if you read the Bonefish Flat, you know I'm not much on baitfishing rods, but for a three year old, this should make life a little easier.  Combine this rod with the fact that there are several small ponds near the new bonefish flat HQ, and we should be looking at a fun summer.



And if you're wondering, my 5 year old daughter got her Zebco the other year, so the kids are ready to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment