Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

N'Owleans Here I Come

It's been a fun week here at the beach but an ocean without fish may be the ultimate tease. For one, I'm on kid duty 24/7 and two, there isn't much running this time of year in the Deleware beaches.

Good scenery though.




The good news is that after my family vacation, I need a vacation!

I'm headed out for work to New Orleans and if I'm lucky I'll get in a little red fishing. Apparently the waters are open so I'm going to try and go.

I've looked forward to this trip for a while and when the whole BP debacle hit, it was a real bummer on lots of levels.

Now, things seem to be improving so everyone keep their fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment