Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bonefish Flat is Back

Hey folks, I'm back from New Orleans and unfortunately, the fishing trip fell through but I did have a chance to check out the city which maybe should be the priority anyway before hitting the water.  What a great city.  Music, food, and drinks.  What more can we really ask for.  (Ok, how about redfish, but all in good time)

I'm working on a modified trip report (modified b/c trip reports here are usually fishing reports) and I'll have that to folks this week.  I'll also download a few pics and get them up as well.

I'm also working on some new content ideas so you can expect a few new things coming on the flat.

Hope everyone's week has started off well.

No comments:

Post a Comment