Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Where Has the Bonefish Flat Been?

It's been a busy year for me.  I haven't updated the blog for over a year, though that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about fishing.  The truth is that is about all I've been doing on the fishing front.  I got a Gheenoe about a year ago and have had a lot of fun getting that up and running.  I've been planning to add a separate page at the top of the screen to update folks on my little micro skiff and how much fun it's been.

Me and the boy getting ready to go find a carp.


I did a little carp fishing this year.  And, I saw a lot of carp, but didn't do too well at the catching part. I also "assembled" a trailer for the Gheenoe which was fun too.

My daughter and son are getting bigger so the summer was spent at a lot of swim meets and "other" things which is just fine.  I just didn't have as much time for fishing which consequently meant not as much to write about and of course not much time to write.

Maybe 2015 will be the year of the fish!  Every year the my New Year's resolution is to fish more and for some reason I fish less.  So this year, no resolutions on the fishing front.

No comments:

Post a Comment