Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Maverick Boats

I really need a boat. It just lets you fish a lot more water and it's part of the natural evolution of an angler. I also think I need a flats boat. It will let me sight fish with my fly rod which is what I really like to do. Add a trailer to the mix, and the options would be limitless.

One boat that can't go unnoticed is the Maverick. I really dig the 18 HPX V which is just a bad looking machine. I came across this video talking about what you really need in a poling skiff.

If you're in the market for a skiff, be sure to check um out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment