Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day 2011

Loyal BFF readers, I hope all the dad's out there had a great day whether fishing, watching the U.S Open, grilling, or just laying low.  

I had a chance to get out on my local lake and caught two brim.  Most importantly, I was able to get out in the kayak with my dad.  We had a great time and saw some really pretty water.  

Dad and I by my Yak

I can't wait to get my kids out on the water, but they are still a little too young to go out in the kayak with me so we just slipped away for a few hours.  But not to worry, I was home by three and able to do story time with the kids.  

Story time, what makes Father's Day Great!!

I hope dad's hauled in a little something for the day.  My parents gave me a great t-shirt that I spied on my friend Vaughn Cochran's Facebook page available at his Black Fly Outfitters.  If you can't be fishing the flats, at least you can show some Bahamian love.  

New Black Fly Bonefish and Permit T-Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment