Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Deceiver

I got a Cliff Bugger box for my birthday this year, so it's time to fill it up. Right now I'm tying up a few deceivers. A classic Lefty pattern that I've used with good success in the Chesapeake Bay.





I tied these on 1/0 and 2/0 hooks. The 1/0 is a Mustad 3407. These things are dull out the package so I would not recommend buying these hooks. I'll sharpen them and they'll be ok. The 2/0 is a 34007 and it seems to be a bit better.









Lots of room left so time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment