Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Roger Wilco

I'm running behind today, folks, but I do have a few things in the works.

Knock on wood I'll have a tying video up tomorrow. It's been shot, I just have to edit it.

I'm also working on adding a music section to the site with some of my favorite bands. Why? Becasue I love music and becasue on forums that I frequent, people seem to talk about music a fair amount.

Speaking of music, I had a chance to see my favorite band Wilco on Tuesday night (big part of the reason I'm running behind).

Wilco has evolved from an Alt-Country band from their debut album A.M. into a more standard rock band with an avant garde flavor. The latest album, Wilco The Album, is really a combination of all of their sounds.

If you're looking to have a listen, check out Yankee Hotel Foxtrot which was nominated for a Grammy. The band is based INS Chicago and the lead guitarist, Nels Cline, is consistently rated as one of the best guitar players in the world.

Nels put on an amazing performance on Tuesday night and the show was just incredible. They played a three hour set which in the middle they brought in a small trap set, went acoustic more or less, nd turned down the lights to play some of their more quiet songs. Here's a pretty bad pic from the show here.




I definitely urge you to check out Wilco. Chances are they are playing in my truck on the way to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment