Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Passport

One of the things I needed to do in preparation of my upcoming trip was to get my passport renewed.  Every 10 years, whether it needs or not, it's time to renew.  It's fun to look back at the places you've been, and dream about the places you'll go.

I've had some fun adventures in my last passport, with stamps from Australia, France, the Netherlands, the Bahamas, Iceland, New Zealand and England.  Some were for fly fishing, but most were just me getting out to see the world.  And hopefully I'm just getting started.  There's lots to see and many fish to catch.  
Out with the old, in with the new.

Now, I've got a clean slate.  A new book to fill and new adventures to be had.

I'm gearing up for a trip to Long Island, Bahamas and will start putting together a travel series to update everyone on how I get ready for a trip.  Until then, check your passport and make sure it's up-to-date.  You never know when the Bonefish Flat's will be calling!!

1 comment:

  1. One of the goals that I set this year for myself is to fill my passport before it expires 4 years from now. Thinking of traveling to all those places sometimes keeps me awake at night because of excitement.

    ReplyDelete