Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Bonefish Flat Week Ahead

I just got back from a work trip so I'm trying to dig myself out hence the no post yesterday. I'm working to try and update content Monday through Friday so I'll keep it coming. In the meantime, if you like the site be sure to visit our facebook page and give us the thumbs up.

If anyone out there want's to contribute a saltwater fly fishing report, or you have any thoughts on the Web site, drop me a line at bonefishflat@gmail.com

This week I have a review coming up on North Riding Point which I hope you like.

Don't forget Father's Day is coming up and if you need a gift, Abel Reels has some new T-Shirts out. If you follow the flat, you'll know that Abel's are T.B.F. approved gear. I love my Abel #3 with a Super 8 spool. The Tarpon shirt is pretty cool if you dad likes to slay big poons in the salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment