Welcome to The Bonefish Flat

There's a stiff wind in your face as you squint in the sun trying to see what the guide sees. "Bonefish at 12 o'clock about 90 feet, do you see it, mon?" You don't and keep squinting, your hat pulled low to keep the sun out of your eyes. "Bonefish at 11 o'clock 70 feet out. Come on man, do you see it?" As the guide is calmly shifting the skiff into position, this time you spot the fish, "I got, it," you reply.

"OK, Mon, Bonefish 50 feet at 10 o'clock. Cast when you're ready."

Cast when you're ready. And with that you drop your fly, roll out a cast, false cast once, and then...

Welcome to the bonefish flat.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Update on the Bonefish Flat

Hopefully you've noticed that The Bonefish Flat has been updated more often lately. I'm making a strong effort to update folks every day.

The Bonefish Flat is going to be getting even better. I've heard from some fans and will start including more pictures. I'm also going to try and include more videos that are out there.

Conservation will continue to play an important role on the site so you can expect more updates on issues affecting the salt water environment.

On that note, the flat is going to be covering all things saltwater fly fishing, which of course, means the bonefish flats we all love, too.

I'll alsobe sharing some fiction that I have been working on. I'm no Tom McGuane, but I do love to write.

We also have a new logo in the works that will make us a bit more cool. And finally, I'm working to get more trip reports from some friends who also love the flats and the salt.

So please tell your fishing buddies, join us on Facebook, and sign up for my e-mail alerts.

This is The Bonefish Flat, it's all about to happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment